There are a number of tips and techniques you can and should use to put together a portfolio that will mark you as a professional. Your objective? To built a portfolio that features these three main roles:
- Make certain the portfolio’s content showcases your design skills.
- Let the content show clients that you can be trusted meet their requirements.
- Present yourself as the owner of a genuine business.
The Essential Steps in Creating Your Cool Portfolio
Be Theme’s B&W portfolio
While having the right tool for the job is always important, there are a number of other things you need to keep in mind.
- Pay special attention to your opening headline and how you present your logo. These are what the visitor sees first.
- Build a solid portfolio; 15-20 items is a good objective.
- Filter out average or mediocre work.
- Organize and categorize where appropriate as an aid to potential clients.
- Include testimonials – the best you have.
- Keep the layout simple.
- Personalize calls to action, the about page, and the way you market yourself.
Examples of Clean & Flawless Portfolios
Your portfolio needs to be an accurate reflection of your products and services – clean and flawless in appearance, and with an absolute minimum of distractions.
These Be Theme pre-built websites examples illustrate what we mean by clean and flawless. A clear area is reserved for the agency’s unique value proposition (UVP), the images selected have a definite impact, menus are skillfully presented, and the portfolio and services areas are well organized.
Whether you are a web designer, a photographer, a creative copywriter, or a marketer, your portfolio should convey the following:
Using matchless typography is an excellent way to naturally call the attention to the logotype, spice up the page design and add a subtle touch of creativity. The massive, smooth splashy type inspired by water bubbles wonderfully collaborates with muted environment, giving the front page an elegant feel.
The developer vividly demonstrates how to get the most out of fresh type techniques. Not only does the artist mark the front page with a top-notch stylish badge-style logotype, that looks manly without feeling brutish, but also enriches it with interactivity.
Here are eight great places to learn to code for free.
Today I want to explain the concepts of immediate and anticipated emotions while designing. It’s a concept that is truly handy once you realize what it is.
Identifying Immediate Emotions
Acorns is an online investing app for your spare change. It’s a pretty cool concept. Their home page includes a neat emotional trick you’ve probably seen before. Because Acorns is an app, users see various platforms that the app works on – great. Then users see big numbers that help evoke a feeling of missing out. I mean who wouldn’t want to invest spare change knowing that they could make $6,363.71 off it. I see what you did there, Acorns, and it’s brilliant!